Hyperion Planning is web-based application that sits in an application server between the Essbase OLAP server database and the client tools that work with it. By aligning enterprise-wide plans (both corporate finance and the lines of business plans) along standard dimensions such as year, scenario, business entities, chart of accounts and cost centres; plans can be immediately shared with all stakeholders and a robust workflow capability guides participants along the process.
Oracle Hyperion Planning
Hyperion Planning leverages Essbase’s multi-dimensional data model; along with standard relational database management platforms. The Essbase portion of the application provides the calculation power to handle predictive planning, allocations and complicated revenue recognition planning. The relational source collects textual information critical to a coordinated understanding of the budget.
Custom dimensions (such as geography, product) can also be created; where Essbase arranges data to represent the hypercube into “blocks” for each individual dimension. Each block is large enough to store every possible cell/array of this dimension. You load budgeting and planning data into Essbase through web-based forms, the Microsoft add-in or using the Oracle ETL Tool Oracle Data Integrator; which then runs business rules to aggregate the figures up the hierarchies producing the consolidated budget. This information can also be fed into other Hyperion tools; such as adding the actuals data into Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE). Plans and core business drivers can be presented in user-friendly dashboards and interactive analytics – encouraging everyone to work toward the same plan immediately.
Oracle have added specialised versions to handle workforce planning, capital asset planning and so on.
- Reduce the heavy costs involved in the time assigned to the planning process
- Benefit from the control, workflow and automation of data, metadata updates and calculations
- The ability to create new scenarios on the go,
- The capability to model your numbers in cubes where you can perform what-if analysis based on a key performance indicators
- Hyperion Planning can improve forecasting accuracy where you can test the strength of plans before adopting them
- Plans and core business drivers can be presented in user-friendly dashboards and interactive analytics – encouraging everyone to work toward the same plan immediately.
- Significantly more powerful and scalable than spreadsheets.
Automated budgeting, planning and forecasting and continuously evaluating of costs, profits and alignment of plans lead to improved business performance; improved forecasting accuracy and the continuous business improvement.
Codec can provide the following services for your organisation:
- Hyperion Planning implementation
- Hyperion Planning migration and upgrade
- Exchanges your current planning & budgeting system to Oracle Hyperion Planning
- Essbase Partitioning for Planning applications
- Data integration for Hyperion Planning (ODI)
- Automation of data, metadata updates & calculations, along with application maintenance capabilities.
- Current application review / healthcheck; with the ability to redesign and optimise applications if required
- The setup of complex business rules and the alignment of security hierarchies
- Currency conversion and exchange rate tables
- Design of Web Forms and Tasks Lists.
- Set up user-friendly interface using Smart View and Web Analysis
- Setup, integration & configuration of Hyperion Financial Reporting