Data Warehousing is the process of collecting, storing, organising and analysing data using data warehouse systems (multi-dimensional database).
A data warehouse system is the main repository of all data collected by various business divisions and departments of an enterprise. They are specialized reporting systems built and maintained by the enterprise (individual business units); focusing on multiple subjects (or functional areas), such as sales, finance and marketing; drawing data from numerous sources. It is designed for high performance, flexible reporting.
- Data sources
- ETL Tool
- Data Warehouse server
> read more
Benefits of a Data warehouse:
By taking unstructured data and transforming it into relevant information; Data Warehouse provide information quality, transparency, consistency, and accuracy.
- Empower business users by providing the tools required for custom querying, reporting and data extraction
- Better decisions due to quick access to information; in the form of behaviour, trend analysis and support of critical business intelligence initiatives.
- Tighter security and enhance control of the data.
- All reporting manual processes will be moved to the Data Warehouse; allowing resources to focus on analysis rather than transactional issues.
- Elimination of a significant amount of manually created Excel spreadsheets and manual reconciliations
- Establish a “single source of the truth” for data that users can access easily.
Architecture is critical in setting up the abilities and the limitations of a data warehouse. Codec builds business intelligence applications using Oracle Technology to provide easy and powerful access to data in the data mart, and provides leadership in the use of data query and analysis tools.