RBS replaced excel based reporting packs with Oracle HFM consolidation tool; providing a single portal for consolidation, reporting and analysis; along with a streamlined month end consolidation process.
Company: Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
• Overall HFM Consolidation and Reporting system
• Group consolidation tool providing a single portal for consolidation, reporting and analysis
• Include supplementary statutory and regulatory data packs
• Enable historic and current data through combined and individual analysis
• Eliminate excel based reporting packs and streamline month end consolidation process
• Provide powerful reporting ability for end users
• Near real-time reporting of consolidated results
• Seamless integration of HFM with Essbase - Real-time or On Demand Custom Financial Analytics
• Delivers single reporting solution for custom financial analytics - Modified dimensionality, merge additional data sources
• Extending HFM with zero impact on the HFM servers - More users, more reports, bigger queries
• Simple and automated implementation - Low cost of implementation and ownership
BackgroundCodec-dss provide the following services to RBS:- • Day-to-day Support of the existing Infrastructure • Problem and Incident Logging and Issue resolution • Patch Reviews and Applications • Interaction with the functional team to resolve issues and provide support and advice. • Daily monitoring of the Environments Codec-dss regularly liaise with Oracle support (by means of Service Requests), Oracle Product Assurance (PA) and Oracle Development in relation to any issues which may need to be resolved.
Codec-dss implemented the following in RBS:
Oracle Hyperion 11.1.2
• EAL – 18.104.22.168 - latest release with security additions/partial snapshots
Within RBS, Codec-dss provide technical support on the Oracle platform across 9 Financial Management environments. * The environments are scaled both vertically and horizontally and range from small environments comprising of 9 servers to larger environments which have 27 servers (See appendix A for a sample environment).
All Environments are a mixture of Windows 2003\2008 Enterprise Edition (64 bit and 32 bit) and Linux.
• It actually works! High data volumes, structures and users passing near real-time queries (60 secs delay on refresh)
• No requirement to export/import HFM data into Essbase
• No requirement for IT involvement in month end reporting cycle - data flows automatically according to the agent settings – near real time reporting from HFM through essbase
• No data is stored in essbase with a standard EAL bridge application – data is stored in EAL data store
• Snapshots can easily be created with an unconnected EAL bridge
• Partial snapshots of HFM applications possible
• Integrate historic and live data sources seamlessly (partitions)
• Easy to set up and maintain multiple bridges – EAL is a plug in to EAS
• Re-map HFM metadata to create ad hoc reporting cubes